Every day we chant mantras to worship and please Lord Ganesha. But we hardly focus on the Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha meaning.
Lord Ganesha is the son of Goddess Mahadevi Parvati and the supreme Hindu God – Lord Shiva.
Ganesha, as a deity, is known for his proven wisdom and divine knowledge, and thus, is worshipped for the same.
A mantra is used to cleanse our chakras and grow spiritually. So, let’s start with the meaning of “Om”. It is a traditional sound and it means “wake up” going forward “Gam” is the sound of Ganesha, “Ganapataye” is the other name used for Lord Ganesha and “Namaha” means ‘I bow to you and respect you.’
This is Lord Ganesh Mantra, and in this devotional Mantra, we are seeking help from the most worshiped God to solve our problems and show us the right path.
Reciting Ganesha mantra helps us in improving the state of our mental levels, emotional levels, and most importantly, bond us with a spiritual connection. The human body is made from seven chakras.
A small blockage in our seven chakras can lead to various emotional and mental problems. By chanting the Ganesha Mantra you can open your doors to enlightenment and resolve various life issues to lead a great life.
Listen to the best Ganesha Mantras
Here's a list of mantras that you can listen to right now. These are meditation mantras that pay homage to Lord Ganesha.
If you would like to read up on how to chant the Ganesha mantra, please scroll below as the mantras play in the background.
Mythological importance across various religious sub-sections
Most religions have certain stories and are also believed to have expressed profound truth.
So it is important to have mythologies in religion to understand the depth of the religion in a better way.
Benefits of chanting Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha
• The Mantra helps in curing the anxiousness of our human mind.
• By the recitation of Ganesha Mantra, you can have the energy to tackle whatever is in front of you.
• It helps cleanse the chakras, aligns our body, and improves our physical health.
• Lord Ganesha Mantra helps you to face your toughest obstacles and get through them easily.
How do we chant Ganesha Mantra?
• Start with having the idol of Lord Ganesha in your home at Puja room (dedicated place for worship).
• Get the exact lord Ganesha Mantra from known mythological books.
• Learn the proper pronunciation of the mantra. Use Youtube links.
• Use Rudraksha mala or rosary for chanting the mantra, also cover the mala with the cloth.
• Chanting this mantra every morning for 108 times is very beneficial.
• One more important thing to remember before chanting Ganesha mantra is one should bathe or wash limbs before sitting.
Amazing facts that will definitely make you start chanting today
• The mantra starts with the word OM which when chanted along with Ganesh mantra vibrates at 432 Hertz which is the dynamic pitch of the universe.
Thus, when you recite the Ganesha mantra, it reduces stress and has helped human beings for centuries to monitor brain activities closely and also treat depression.
• This mantra helps in balancing human emotions in the best possible way, and as you chant the mantra, your mind starts to get clear and relaxed.
• It helps you connect with your inner self and analyze your own behavior.
• Lord Ganesha Mantra can strengthen your spinal cord as well, it begins from the vibration in the abdomen, and supports and strengthens your spinal cord.
• Repetition of “Om” in this Ganesha Mantra can also improve your heart’s health as “Om” can help improve the blood pressure, cardiac system, and the nervous system. It is also known for decreasing the risk of heart diseases.
• Chanting Ganesha Mantra definitely reduces negativity and helps us to stay positive and have a better approach towards life.
Ancient writings of Hinduism mentioning Lord Ganesha Mantra
Rigveda (one of the four Vedas of Hinduism) says “Vinaayakaanaam Veda priyaha Bhadrapada Chaturthi yajna mahaa priyaha.”
It means – During the process of yajna, which is the sacred fire ceremony in Hindusim, on the auspicious day of Ganesh Chaturthi, practicing all the correct rituals, Lord Ganesha will grant his devotee the desired fruits.
As mentioned in the Sri Ganesha Tapini Upanishad “Ganeshovai sadajaaya tavadvai Param Brahma!”
It means – It is a most difficult task for a human being to gain control over the six enemies of desire, anger, greed, attachment, pride, and enmity. But one can definitely overcome over all of these negativities and obtain auspicious benefits by whole-heartedly worshipping Lord Ganesha.
Sri Ganesha Upanishad says, “Maha vighnaat pramuchyate. Maha dosha at pramuchyate”.
It means – When you worship Lord Ganesha at your home he will remove all “maha vighna” that are your greatest obstacles and will also destroy all your “doshas”.
After reading this blog I am sure you will believe chanting Lord Ganesha Mantra gives a person a wonderful opportunity to remove negativity and overcome the toughest obstacles to reach the greatest heights of success.
It is also a great meditation mantra, forming an excellent backdrop for when you meditate.
Find the best way to include this chant in your life.