Table of Contents
Do not index
Do not index
Nirvana Shatakam Mantra (stotram) was written by Adi Shankaracharya. It is believed to be one of the most effective and powerful Mantras you can chant to attain inner peace and salvation.
In this blog, we will discuss Nirvana Shatakam benefits, but before that, let us read in detail where this auspicious Mantra originated from.
This Mantra is the result of an anecdote when Adi Shankara was asked ‘who are you?’
To this, he replied in a poetic form that culminated in this Mantra. He said that is Shivoham, which translates to ‘The Ultimate Truth’.
There are several Nirvana Shatakam benefits, which we’ll highlight in the next part of the article.
To listen to a rendition of this powerful mantra, check out the page that describes the Ancient Chants from India - Volume 1 album.
Listen to Nirvana Shatakam and other early Mahakatha tracks
Here's a list of mantras that you can listen to right now. These are meditation mantras that were first produced by Mahakatha.
If you would like to read up on Nirvana Shatakam, please scroll below as the mantras play in the background.
Six Verses of Nirvana Shatakam Mantra
Adi Shankaracharya himself recited these stotras for the first time just before his Nirvana. Hence, it was named Nirvana Shatakam. In Sanskrit, Shatakam means six, while Nirvana means Moksha.
Before we jump to the benefits of Nirvana Shatakam, let’s read the six verses of the Mantra.
Mano buddhi ahankara chittani naaham No cha shrotravjihve na cha ghraana netre Na cha vyoma bhumir na tejo na vaayuhu Chidananda rupah Shivo’ha
Na cha prana sangyo na vai pancha vayuhu Na va sapta dhatur na va pancha koshah Na vak pani-padam na chopastha payu Chidandanda rupah Shivo’ham Shivo’ham
Na me dvesha ragau na me lobha mohau Na me vai mado naiva matsarya bhavaha Na dharma na chartho na kamo na mokshaha Chidananda rupah shivo’ham shivo’ham
Na punyam na papam na saukhyam na duhkham Na mantra na tirtham na veda na yajnah Aham bhojanam naiva bhojyam na bhokfa Chidananda rupah Shivo’ham Shivo’ham
Na me mytyu shanka na mejati bhedaha Pita naiva me naiva mataa na janmaha Na bandhur na mitram gurur naiva shishyaha Chidananda rupah Shivo’ham Shivo’ham
Aham nirvikalpo nirakara rupo Vibhut vatcha sarvatra sarvendriyanam Na cha sangatham naiva muktir na meyaha Chidananda rupah Shivo’ham Shivo’ham
Top 5 Nirvana Shatakam Benefits
There are several benefits to Nirvana Shatakam, once chanted, among which achievement of inner peace is the most sought after.
- 1. Each and every word of Nirvana Shatakam contains esoteric Sanskrit compounds. Each word has several meanings. The basic idea of this Mantra is that I am not bound by anything, be it physical or mental. I am Shiva. The Mantra itself encourages the reciter to give up worldly charms and embrace a minimalist lifestyle.
- Chanting and listening to Nirvana Shatakam once a day can produce extremely positive vibes around you and create a sense of consciousness. In today’s hectic lifestyle, one can easily be swayed away by the emotions and mental triggers like stress and anger. These vibrations help you stay calm.
- If you’re vulnerable to anxiety and stress, the most important of all Nirvana Shatakam benefits is the impact it has on your mental health. Recite it to deal with anxiety and depression. It serves as the best medicine to get rid of these negative emotions.
- Chanting and listening to Nirvana Shatakam makes you emotionally stable. You can achieve an eternal state of calmness even in stressful situations in life. As a more balanced individual, you will always come out of difficult situations without having any negative impact on you.
- You start getting rid of unwanted attachments. A jealous colleague will no longer bother you if you start letting go of unnecessary attachments. Your life will remain regular with better productivity and eternal bliss that is constant regardless of the situation.
Best Selling Spiritual Books on Nirvana Shatakam
If you want to read more about Nirvana Shatakam and its benefits, you can rely on the following high-rated books and audiobooks on Amazon that contain elaborated details about this mystical Mantra. Out of these, we found some of the best-selling products.
Mantralogy: An Anthology of Sacred Chants
Mantralogy is an anthology of Sacred Chants including Nirvana Shatakam. It is the world's first and only KRI-approved Kundalini Yoga Mantra manual. You can rely on the information given in this book, penned by L Harhari Singh.
The book contains all of the Kundalini Mantras and even has a pronunciation guide to help beginners.
The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan
This book has all you want to know about the teachings of Yogi Bhajan, who is known as the master of Kundalini Yoga around the world.
The book contains all sorts of information on love, happiness, God, the mind, and relationships to give you a perspective on the universe.
You can read this book aloud or in solitude to let the positive vibrations of the teachings get absorbed into your head and heart.
Mantras Made Easy
This book, written by Sherianna Boyle, teaches you how to program yourself to manifest your life’s goals and dreams. The devotional Mantras written in the book can energize you, help you achieve your goals, and attain a constant state of tranquility.
Just like Nirvana Shatakam, you can rely on this book that is easily available on e-commerce websites.
Chakras For Beginners
This book is available on the Kindle while Audiobook and Paperback formats are available on Amazon. If you want intricate knowledge about Chakras, then this easy-to-read book might become your newest addiction.
Each Chakra is explained well by the author Michael Williams. He even describes what happens when one of your Chakras is not flowing productively. The Mantras in the book have worked very well for its readers, hence it is one of the highest-selling spiritual books on the Amazon marketplace.
These hymns are not just to show your devotion to a deity or for divine worship. But as a means to achieve tranquility in the soul.
There are several Mantras easily available, like the Gayatri Mantra or others devoted to Lord Shiva, verified by our ancient Vedic scriptures to elevate the state of calmness during meditation.
Among them, Nirvana Shatakam is known for its guaranteed benefits. We hope you’ll find the tranquility you are seeking by chanting Nirvana Shatakam Mantra.
Yet another ancient mantra that boosts your consciousness is the Om Purnamadham mantra, a universal peace mantra.