Do not index
Do not index
Do you meditate regularly?
Are you thinking of setting up a dedicated space for your spiritual practice?
You need to know the perfect shades of meditation room color before you do.
As someone who values meditation, you understand the importance of creating a space that encourages your mind to fall into a meditative state.
Creating a relaxing environment is crucial to achieving the benefits of meditation, and color can play a significant role in this process.
Different color themes can have different effects on our moods and emotions, making it important to choose the right colors for your meditation space.
The color of your meditation space can have a big impact on your ability to relax and focus. In this blog, we will explore the best colors for meditation and provide tips for setting up a peaceful environment.
5 best colors for meditation spaces
There is a vast number of choices from the color spectrum that you can go for when choosing wall colors, curtains, or pillowcases.
Since these are personal spaces, there will always be a huge personal component to the decisions you make. But that being said, we drew inspiration from Feng Shui colors and Zen spaces to come up with great ideas.
We are hoping to help you narrow down your choices so you can make the best call. By and large, we will be dealing with the lighter shades of the colors in question.
But bright colors can make your focus sharper, so they have their utility as well. Bright green works well as a complementary color too.
If we had to pick out a single color for your walls, drapes, and meditation pillows (or yoga mats), it would have to be green. It is one of the happiest colors.
Green colors naturally remind us of nature and create natural relaxation. You can go for pastel green, which is a neutral color, for the walls.
You can opt for a brighter green for the accessories like mats or pillows. Blue color meditation accessories go very well with green if you want to mix it up.
Plants can be added to the room for an extra dash of natural green. Candles too can be found in this color if that's how you prefer to personalize. It really is the perfect color for a meditation space.
We have a meditation mantra that pairs well with this color scheme. The mantra we recommend is the Green Tara mantra.
This Buddha mantra pays homage to Tara, the mother of all Buddhas. It is a great mantra for calming the mind during times of uncertainty.
Play the Green Tara mantra as you meditate for the most relaxing meditation experience. You can now get the audio of this mantra for offline listening, from our store.
You can get the entire Ancient Medicine Buddha Mantras album instead, which includes the Green Tara Mantra and 5 other Buddha mantras.
Let's explore the top five colors that promote relaxation and calmness in a meditation room:
- Blue The color blue is known for its calming effect on the mind and body. It can help lower blood pressure and reduce anxiety. You can go with lighter shades or more vibrant versions of blue.
- Green Green is associated with nature and can create a sense of balance and harmony in a space. It is the perfect dominant color for a calming space and makes a great paint color for the walls.
- Purple The purple color promotes spiritual awareness and can aid in relaxation and meditation. It is best used as an accent color, like with drapes or the meditation cushions you use.
- White White is often associated with purity and clarity, making it an ideal color for a meditation room. White paint can be the base color as well as for accessories like curtains or pillows you might use.
- Pink Pink is a soothing and calming color that can promote feelings of love and compassion. Of all the meditation colors, shades of pink might be the riskiest, as you might overpower the vibes of the room. You might want to start out with light pinks.
What is meditation?
Meditation is a practice that has been around for centuries, and its popularity continues to grow as people seek ways to reduce stress and improve their mental health.
Before we dive into the best colors for meditation, it's important to define what meditation is and its purpose.
Meditation is a technique used to quiet the mind and focus on the present moment. It can help reduce stress, improve concentration, and promote overall well-being.
It is a powerful tool for introspection and for addressing emotional issues that have stayed with you for a long time.
A meditative state can be identified by a reduced heart rate and slow, controlled breathing.
7 major benefits of meditation
Regular meditation practice has numerous benefits for our physical and mental health.
These benefits include:
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Improved sleep
- Increased focus and concentration
- Reduced symptoms of depression
- Lowered blood pressure
- Boosted immune system
- Increased self-awareness
Tips to set up a meditation space
Creating a comfortable and peaceful sacred space is essential for a successful practice.
Here are ten tips to help you set up your meditation space, outside from adding vibrant colors to the space:
- Quiet spot Choose a quiet and private space. Find an area in your home that is away from distractions and noise.
- Set the lighting Use natural lighting or soft, dim lighting: Natural light can be calming, but if it's not possible, use soft, dim lighting to create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Use cushions Invest in comfortable seating or cushions: Comfort is key when it comes to meditation. Choose a comfortable chair or cushion to sit on.
- Touch of Nature Incorporate nature elements such as plants or water features: These elements can add to the calming effect of your space.
- Free up space Keep the space clutter-free and organized: A messy space can be distracting and stressful. Keep your meditation space clean and organized.
- Calming scents Use calming scents such as lavender or peppermint: Essential oils or candles can help create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Pick the right music Play soft, ambient music or nature sounds: Music or sounds of nature can help drown out distractions and promote relaxation.
- Add artwork Hang inspiring quotes or art on the walls. Inspiring quotes or artwork can help set the tone for your meditation practice.
- Natural materials Use natural materials such as wood, bamboo, or cotton: These materials can add to the peaceful vibe of your space.
- Pleasant temperature Keep the temperature comfortable and consistent: Make sure your space is at a comfortable temperature so that you're not distracted by feeling too hot or too cold.
Step-by-step meditation for relaxation
Now that you have set up your meditation space, it's time to practice, here is a simple step-by-step meditation technique for beginners:
- Sit comfortably in your meditation space with your eyes closed.
- Take a few deep breaths and allow your body to relax.
- Focus on your breath, noticing the sensation of air entering and leaving your body.
- If your mind wanders, gently bring your attention back to your breath.
- Stay in this state of focused awareness for 5-10 minutes.
- When you're ready, slowly open your eyes and take a few deep breaths before getting up.
Color can have a significant impact on our mood and emotions, making it important to choose the right colors for your meditation space.
By incorporating calming colors such as blue, green, purple, white, or pink, you can create a space that promotes relaxation and encourages your mind to fall into a meditative state.
Experiment with different colors and find what works best for you. Remember, creating a peaceful meditation space is essential for achieving the numerous benefits of regular meditation practice.
How to color your meditation room
Certain colors lend themselves especially well to relaxing your mind when you see them.
These ideas come from Feng Shui and Zen practices.
The lighter shades of green and purple, combined with pure white, is the best way to set up your meditation room.
Frequently asked questions on meditation routines
How can you make meditation more relaxing?
You can use accessories like candles, essential oils, and plants to make the meditation space more enticing for you to return to.
How do candles improve meditation?
The pleasant aroma of a candle ensures you settle into a meditative state easily. Many of these aromatherapy candles are also naturally relaxing, and your mind and body will feel rejuvenated.
Should I meditate at the same time every day?
Regularity is a huge aspect of getting the benefits of meditation. You are likelier to stick to this routine if you hold to a strict timetable initially. Once you start seeing the results, you will be enthusiastic to meditate at the appointed time.