Nowadays, we often hear people complain, “I am not able to sleep. My mind is not relaxed.”
Meditation to bring your breathing rate down for sleep and relaxation is a practice that helps with peaceful deep sleep and relaxes your mind.
The best Guided meditation for sleep help counter anxiety, restlessness, lack of concentration, and fatigue.
As per a study conducted in 2012 by UCLA School of Medicine, people who used to meditate, have stronger, thicker, and well-connected nerves which cross-link the brain’s hemispheres.
There is an increasing rate of people who complain about sleep problems and stress.
Using sleep aids may harm the body in the long term, even though you may get better sleep short-term.
Understanding why someone has trouble falling asleep is the first step.
A quick guide
What Causes Sleep Problems?
- Continuously watching television, using your mobile phone, and over-exercising before your bedtime.
- Consuming too much caffeine.
- A lack of exposure to sunlight.
How Guided Meditation can Help?
Guided sleep meditation has been a tried and tested meditation technique that helps you unwind and prolongs your sleep.
Practicing deep sleep guided meditation may help overcome sleep disorders, insomnia, and stress-related problems. Below are the best ways of practicing sleep meditation.
Watch Progressive Relaxation Videos
Your body can’t relax if your mind is running around. Therefore, watching soothing videos can help relax your mind and body to sleep deeper.
Google ‘relaxing guided meditation track’ and some of the most relaxing videos will pop-up. Follow the instructions in these videos and practice them on a daily basis to see a change for the better.
Some of the Best Videos Available on Guided Meditation for Sleep and Relaxation
- Sleep Chakra Meditation Music
- Guided Meditation for Deep Sleep, Create Your Destiny Hypnosis for Law of Attraction
Yoga Nidra Guide
If you have a busy schedule then this might be the best option for you. Yoga Nidra is a powerful ancient technique which means ‘Yoga Sleep’. This technique involves a soothing voice that you need to follow while you are in the savasana pose.
Yoga Nidra is widely known for calming your overactive mind, reducing your mental exhaustion, and help you reach the stage of complete relaxation.
Books on Yoga Nidra is a good option to start with.
Detachment from Overthinking
Overthinking leads to sleepless nights. I am sure that many of us have been through this and know how difficult it is to not think.
Try mindfulness meditation for 15 minutes and let your thoughts pass. Gradually this will guide your brain and slowly reduce overthinking.
For this, you can shop 45 Minute Guided Meditation for Sleep from Amazon.
Reading books is the best way to build concentration.
You can opt for books like “Meditation for Relaxation: 60 Meditative Practices to Reduce Stress, Cultivate Calm, and Improve Sleep“.
It is available on Amazon and is one of the highly recommended books that ensure good sleep.
Additional tips that will help you get deep sleep and a relaxed mind
- Consumption of caffeine should be avoided in the late hours of the day
- Increasing bright light exposure during the day and reducing blue light exposure in the evening
- Try to avoid irregular naps
- Do not fall asleep for long periods during the day
- Try having a proper schedule, fixed sleeping hours, and waking time
- Don’t drink alcohol
- Your bedroom temperature also affects your sleep, try to maintain optimum temperature
- Avoid eating late at night or in the late hours of the day
- Clear your mind before sleeping and don’t go to bed with multiple thoughts rushing in your brain
- A relaxing bath or shower is very effective
- Have a comfortable bed, mattress, and pillow
- Exercise regularly as it keeps your mind relaxed but don’t do it before bedtime
The best-guided meditation for sleep and relaxation helps increase dopamine levels of your body up to 65%. Dopamine, that is the most important enzyme that keeps you relaxed and helps you to stay positive. It is called the “happy enzyme”.
So, the bottom line is that one should take proper sleep and keep the mind relaxed. This will definitely keep us healthy, happy and stress-free.
Remember to be kind to yourself while practicing these techniques. You cannot perfect them immediately. Always encourage yourself to stay positive and avoid negative thoughts.
Just be kind and work with and for yourself.